We go through life racing on the hamster wheel, busy as bee’s and taking care of everything and everyone, that we don’t necessarily put ourselves first or we tend to put it off for a later date.
Life is not a later date. It is today, it is now.
The best project you will ever work on is yourself.
Any Leadership expert or Life Coach will share that how you grow as a person will determine where you will go and what you will achieve and be. This is not just professionally, this is based on life and all areas.
The Business of You.
When it comes to investing in yourself, these are the key areas for you to review and evaluate (not judge) where you are at and also where you want to be:
Some questions to ask yourself:
- How is family life for me and each member? Do we have adequate time to be a family? Are we investing time and interest in each other?
- Do I have faith or belief that is bigger than me? Am I doing anything to nurture that in a positive direction? Do I use faith and spirituality in my day to day actions & commitments?
- Am I doing work that is meaningful and am I using the gifts/talents that I have been given? What next step can I take to grow in my career?
- What is the current state of my health? What is my weekly and daily wellness routine? What can I do to be stronger and truly connect body, mind & spirit?
- What is the state of my finances? Is there debt, are there savings? What are my dreams and vision and financially, am I in a situation to get there. What needs to change to get there? Amy I on a budget and do I have a plan?
- Am I doing work (volunteer or service) that promotes worthy causes? Am I making a positive difference?
- Am I investing in my relationship (spouse or significant other)?
- Do I surround myself with positive women and friends?
- What have I done lately that is fun, do I build this into my life. What is a new hobby I would like to try?
When we think we don’t need this, that is usually a sign that we do. The likes of Tony Robbins, Oprah, Richard Branson & some of the top athletes & coaches in the world will say that they condition themselves, work on themselves and invest in themselves.
What ever it is you want, you can have. You just need to do the work on yourself along with the work that needs to happen and you will aspire to anything you desire.