Comforts of Heart & Home: 20 Ideas for You to Feel Comfort in the Heart and in Your Home!
As I sit with my feelings, I am vacillating back and forth, from grief to comfort, and from joy to pain. I am reminded of how much I love the comforts of home and joy in my heart heart, for my family, my life, and humanity. Pain resides deep inside but joy is also there--and feelings of peace & contentment can always be found in the storm of difficult times.
As I think about what brings me peace, I realize that there are rituals and practices that I am able to go to, access, and enjoy either daily or weekly to bring comfort to my mind, body & soul. I love these rituals. I truly love the comforts of home. I love the feeling of being at home with myself and also the pure fulfillment I feel when I wrap myself in rituals that allow me to replenish my heart & soul.
Here are ways for you to create comfort and a sense of peace as we enter the fall/winter season.
1. Warm fuzzy socks
2. A cup of hot Tea
3. A roaring fire
4. Light a candle
5. Wrap yourself in a blanket, grab a book
6. Soft music, jazz, classical, musical
7. A warm bath with Epson salt & lavender
8. Sun on your Face
9. Wear a big sweater that makes you feel great
10. Boots. Every HIPP girl needs a great pair of boots
11. An excellent cup of coffee
12. Hat, scarf, shades & a brisk walk
14. Hot chocolate & dessert
15. Hugging & holding a child, a pet, a friend, a spouse/significant other
16. Sweat pants, sleep pants, sweat shirt & messy bun
17. A mask & moisturizer, getting comfy girl for bed
18. Jammie Up, get your favorite pajamas on early
19. Have a lazy morning in bed, Easy Like Sunday Morning
20. Write five things you are grateful for each day in a gratitude journal